Wednesday 20 June 2012

Must. Get. Back. On. Track.

We are now two and a half weeks post race and I have completely fallen off the wagon.  I haven't run, I haven't been to the gym and I have gained 5lbs!!!  This is not a good thing.  I'm making a world of excuses and it's time to stop.  The only valid one I have isn't even really good.  We're in the middle of a nasty heat wave and right now all you have to do is step out the door and you feel damp.  It's that humid.  I just read that it is 43 degrees Celsius with the humidex.  That's insane.  I can't run when it's that hot because my lungs will not make it.  Now that being said I could get my butt out of bed early and run which is exactly what I plan to do tomorrow.  Tonight on the other hand we will be running home, changing, eating and heading back to the YMCA.  There is no excuse not to go there.  I'm going to see about getting Anna signed up for two weeks of day camp and then I am going to work my butt off.  I have a wedding to go to in two weeks and I would like to drop a couple of these extra pounds before I get there. 

It's back to basics for this gal!!  Perhaps it's time to sign up for another race to keep me motivated:)

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! The last weeks school was in session, I simply didn't do anything b/c I told myself I didn't have the energy and I'd get back to it when I 'had more time'. I gained weight and felt horrible, which made it harder to get back out to run. I signed up for a half marathon in Sept and a full marathon in Nov. Considering I BARELY finished my 10k, I know I have to get out or make a complete fool of myself! I hope you find your determination and motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it ladies! I think we all have our stops and starts... ups and downs. I'm on a down side myself. I current have a cast on my foot for problems with my Achilles tendon and plants fasciitis. Of course it has slowed me way down and depressed me as well. I gained weight which didn't help either. I have finally found the motivation to stop emotionally eating and have dropped a few pounds. I worry what my leg/foot will be like when the cast finally comes off but I will have to deal with it, hopefully in a positive way! I want to MOVE again and get out there and run! We can all motivate each other, right?! Keep moving! Remember how good it makes you feel!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Selena,

    I was wondering if you accepted any guest posting on your site. I couldn’t manage to find your email on the site. If you could get a hold of me at jeff@drugwatch.com, I would greatly appreciate it!

    Thanks,
    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete