Monday 4 June 2012

Recovery Day One

I woke up this morning feeling very refreshed.  After the race yesterday we came home and rested for a bit then we were off to a post race dinner with the group.  What a wonderful group of people!!   It was an amazing meal and so much fun.  We came home and put the kids to bed then relaxed a bit before heading to bed ourselves. 

I was worried when I woke up.  My body felt good!!  I half expected to wake up in the night and not be able to move but I was pleasantly surprised.  I'm stiff and a bit sore but nothing terrible.  Things got a bit tighter as the day went on and I sat at my desk but when things started to feel uncomfortable I got up and wandered around the office for a minute. Right now my right leg is more sore than anything else.  The sad part was that I couldn't wear regular shoes today because my big toes hurt, rather my big toenails hurt.  I'm currently wearing blue nail polish so I can't tell but I'm afraid my nails might still be blue if they weren't polished.  Hopefully they will feel better tomorrow.

I expected the pain and stiffness, I expected to be tired, what I didn't expect was the outpouring of support I have received.  The amount of facebook comments and the amount of people who have read here today has blown me away.  I knew that the Runners' Edge gang was amazing but just how amazing was beyond what I could ever imagine.  I checked in here today to find that my "pageviews" had more than quadrupled from what my normal daily views are.  I then found that it was because someone had posted a link to my blog on the Runners' Edge homepage!!!  WOW!!  Now of course not everyone to comment or to read is from running but probably 3/4 of them are.  So to all the people who have shown me support over the last few days Thank You!!  I can never express how much it means to me to know that there are so many people rooting for me to succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment