Thursday 14 June 2012

Post Race Lazy Pants:(

It's almost two weeks post race and I have yet to get my butt back out running.  I realize that last week we were to take it easy and recover and this week was just meant to be short runs but I just haven't gotten to them yet.  I'm full of excuses and none of them all that good since I was really only supposed run 20 or 30 minutes so far.  I've just been lazy.  I have been busy in the evenings but that's not really a good excuse when you're only supposed to run a short time.  I must get out of bed Saturday morning and get out there. Then next week I need to get my butt back to the gym.

I have also totally fallen off the wagon in the food department.  I've been lazy about making lunch and have spent far too much time snacking and eating junk.  I haven't even taken a picture of the scale this week because I'm so frustrated with myself.  Every day I've said that this is it, tomorrow morning will be better and I will eat properly.  I really need to get back on track.  I need to go out and buy a bunch of super healthy, super tasty food to get a kick start going.  I also need to drink more water again.  I had a tragedy the day before my race and broke the top of my favorite water bottle.  I wrote to the company to find out if I could get a new one but haven't heard back so I'm assuming it's a no go.  I'll have to go buy a new one soon but until then I need to find one of the old ones to use.

So here's to another new beginning and getting back on track.  The upside to all of this is that I've gotten better at catching myself before I get really out of control and gain a bunch of weight back.

No comments:

Post a Comment