Monday 25 June 2012

A Tropical Storm, A Wedding and Back to Basics!!

I'm feeling a bit better about things now that I am back to basics.  I went to the gym twice and finally ran again.  Last Wednesday we hit the gym again after a month or so off.  I was so happy to be back and everything felt good.  I think I really needed the break.  Thursday and Friday my upper body was pleasantly sore and my legs were a bit tired.  Saturday morning I got up and went for my first post race run.  It was tough, I had been warned that it would be so I wasn't terribly surprised.  I kept it short and will probably push further tomorrow night.  Sunday we were back to the gym again and then went swimming at my in-laws.  That was nice after the gym.

This week is going to be a bit nutty but it will all be worth it.  Sunday is my brother's wedding and we have to finish some preparation for it, pick the kids up, clean the house and get the girls ready.  Anna and Christina are going to be flower girls for the first time and are looking forward to it.  They can both be a bit shy when it comes to new people so I was a bit worried about what they would be like walking down the aisle but Céline is the photographer and they both know her well.  She has done all of our family photography so when they see her at the front of the church they will know exactly what to do.  The wedding is going to be beautiful.  The ceremony is being held a at the historic Queenston Chapel and the pictures are being  done close by at the Mackenzie Printery and Newspaper Museum.  The cool part is that their last name (my maiden name) is MacKenzie.  This was not done on purpose it was just a happy coincidence.  The reception is being held at Joe Feta's and their food is amazing!!  The thing that I found out yesterday that I think is really cool is that Joe Feta's is being profiled on a Food Network show two days before the wedding.  It's going to be a great day and then I'm on vacation for a week.  We have several things planned for that week but it's all fun stuff. 

Before the wedding gets here though Tropical Storm Debby needs to clear out of Florida because that is where the Bride and Groom have to come from.  Everyone keep your fingers crossed!!!  It rolled in this past weekend and when I looked last it seemed to have stalled of the shore of Florida and is expected to inch its way inland through out the week.  Here's hoping it either dies or changes course quick!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment