Monday 2 July 2012

A Beautiful Wedding

Yesterday was my brother's wedding day!! It was an absolutely gorgeous day with just the right temperatures and lots of sunshine.  They got married at a small historic chapel and the reception at our favorite little restaurant. 

The day started with hair and makeup at home.  It was so nice not to have to run around getting ready.  We had sandwiches, fruit and veggies for everyone to eat while they got ready.  The little girls went first and had beautiful curls done.  Then it was time for the adults.  Emily (the Bride) went last of course.  She wasn't sure what she wanted and had never met Krista (the stylist) before but what they came up with was absolutely beautiful!! 

Next it was time to get dressed and head to the chapel.  Emily and the little girls got dressed at the chapel because it just seemed like the right choice.  We got the little girls dressed first and then it was Emily's turn.  Everyone looked amazing!  Anna and Christina were flower girls and had little white dresses with a navy sash.  They did a wonderful job and behaved very well for the ceremony.  They were pretty crazy during the pictures and everyone got to see me at my finest (read sarcasm). 

The reception was great!  Everyone arrived right on time and the service was amazing.  Emily had never been to the restaurant before and I was so glad that she enjoyed the meal. 

This week I'm on vacation and we will be visiting with my brother and his family while they are still here.  We're going to do some day trips and somewhat just relax.  It's going to be a good week!!

I didn't take any pictures at the wedding because I was trying to control my crazies but I'll share some once the professional onces are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment