Wednesday 25 July 2012

Weigh in Wednesday!

Before I post my weigh in I have to share my troubles with you.  Occasionally I get aches and pains from running.  They are usually the good, I really worked hard, pains but sometimes they feel like more.  Take my big toes for instance.  The nails are in such a state that I can't wear shoes other than sandals or my runners.  If I wear my runners I must remember not to push my toes against the top or end of them.  I tried yesterday to wear my cute little black flats but they are tighter in the toe area and oh my goodness did they hurt.  Sometimes I wake up in the night and they are throbbing, probably from kicking Adrian in my sleep.  I'm hoping this issue resolves itself soon or my toes toughen up some.

My new pain is in my knee.  I'm sure any of my non-runner friends would say "I told you running was bad for your knees"  however I'm not convinced this is from running.  I actually think that it's from twisting it a bit getting out of the car.  The reason I think that is because that was the first time I noticed the pain and today, when it was at its worst, getting out of the car was the most painful.  So when I got to work I quickly sent a message off to my wonderful chiropractor, Geoff, and being the impatient person I am I asked Céline if she had any suggestions.  The fun part is they both gave me the exact same answer.  I spent the day icing and applying Voltaren.  It seems better now than it did this morning and working out at the gym didn't hurt at all.  I'm hoping that it goes away quick.  If it still hurts by the weekend I'm going to make an appointment with Geoff.

As for this weeks weigh in I'm happy.  I knew that a lot, if not all, of the weight I lost when I was sick would come back.  Last week I was at 236 and this week I'm up one pound to 237 but I'm not at all worried about it.  I hadn't eaten as well as I should and snacked a bit too much.  I have a new favorite treat but have no self control.  Dark Chocolate Mint Cups!!  Kind of like a mini peanut butter cup but dark chocolate and mint.  I tried them at work first and then saw them at the store and bought some.  That will not be happening again!!!  Now they are gone though and I hope next weeks number will be much smaller.  Now I am off to make a wonderful new dish to take for my lunch tomorrow.  I'm so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment