Thursday 19 July 2012

I Ran Again:)

As I've mentioned more than once I have not been running much since my Half Marathon.  It's now been almost 7 weeks since I ran consistently and it's really, really time to get back at it.  Last week I tried to get back out there and had a pretty good run on Tuesday night but then got so very sick on Thursday and couldn't run the rest of my runs that week.  This past Tuesday I had planned to run with the group but then it was something like 46 degrees with the humidex and I decided my lungs would be happier if I stayed home.  Tonight however I got home from work, changed and headed out the door.  Adryanna had soccer at 6pm and they are expected to be there about 20 minutes early to practice.  I left with enough time to run to the soccer field and meet Adrian and the girls when they got there.  It felt great!!!  It was definitely a short run but it was a good run.  I only had two problems.  One, the run was too short and Two, my right leg felt dead.  It was a weird heavy feeling.  Just the lower part of my leg and mostly around the ankle.  I felt like I might be retaining some water earlier in the day so I'm assuming that was the problem.  When I got to the soccer field I needed to pee and somehow managed to go three times during the hour long game.  By the end my ankle felt normal again.  I'm going to run again on Saturday morning and plan to run at least 6k.  I want to be able to run 10k next weekend so I need to push a bit.  If I have any pain or heaviness in  my ankle I'll ask Benny or one of the other leaders for help but I expect if I drink my water tomorrow and watch my salt intake I should be fine.

I need a race to sign up for so that I can keep myself going!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment