Tuesday 10 July 2012

Excuses, Excuses, NO MORE EXCUSES!!!

This week is my new beginning (again).  It's been something like 6 weeks since my Half Marathon and I have now run twice, maybe three times.  I have been to the YMCA about 4 times.  I have had a whole world of excuses and most are valid but this is the end. There is no reason I can't run in the morning on days where I can't run at night.  The only night I should have to miss is Thursday because Anna has soccer.  Realistically I could run after soccer too.  I have thought about running home from the soccer games.  It's only about 3k if I go the long way but it's better than nothing.

Tonight was my first run back with Runners' Edge and while I knew I missed the group I didn't realize how much.  It was like coming home after a long time away.  As soon as I got there I felt better about not running.  No one yelled at me for missing so much and no one criticized me for being a lazy pants.  They just welcomed me back and told me they were happy to see me.  The run, however, was not so good.  My legs were stiff and muscles were tight.  I had a strange tightness in the back of my knees which I was quickly told was hamstring pain.  As soon as I started to stretch my hamstrings screamed at me.  I have been instructed by our faithful chiropractor to stretch, stretch, stretch over the next few days and if they still hurt come Saturday I will make an appointment.  I'm pretty confident the stretching will take care of things.  I'm wondering too if the pain is from  the slight heals I was wearing today.  I'll make sure to wear flats for the next few days and hope that helps.

While we were stretching before the run Benny approached me and immediately I thought he was going to give me crap for not being there for weeks.  It wouldn't have been real trouble, more a joking kind of thing but as it turns out that wasn't what he wanted at all.  He wanted to ask me if I would mind being video recorded doing an interview about my time with Runners' Edge!  Hell Yes!!!  I like to tell everyone who will listen how great they have been helping me and how wonderful they all are.  I couldn't have gotten where I am today without their help.  So in the near future I will be preparing for my interview.  He said that they are sort of promotional video's that will be posted on Youtube and such.  I think that's awesome!!  Once things are done I will certainly post here to share with everyone.

Over the past few weeks I have fallen off the wagon posting my weigh in pictures.  This is in part because I have been avoiding the scale and in part shame  that the number has done nothing but climb.  Like I said earlier though it's time to get back on track and the pictures will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment