Wednesday 18 July 2012

One Year Ago

I realized today that it has been one year (and two days) since I first ventured into the blogging world.  It hasn't turned out quite the way I expected but I'm still happy with it.  Blogging has given me a place to track my progress, it has given me some accountability and it certainly has kept me motivated.

Looking back at this year I may not have come terribly far in the weight loss department.  Actually I think I have probably not come far at all.  I have however grown as a person and my physical activity certainly has increased.  Last summer I was squeezing out 3 runs a week when I was doing well.  This summer (now that I'm back at it) I'll be running 3 days a week and going to the gym 3 days a week.  Last summer I was training for my first ever 10k and this summer I have completed a Half Marathon.  I'm much more aware of what I'm eating and while I am currently very disappointed with many of the choices I am making, I know that it is easy to get back on track.

My plan this weekend is to buy and prepare a fridge full of fresh fruits and veggies.  I'm much more likely to eat this kind of thing if it is ready and waiting in the fridge.  I am also going to make a few of my favorite quick snacks and fuel powered meals.  This way I'll be ready for the week and come time to make lunches it will be quick and easy.  This won't just benefit me either.  Anna is going to day camp for the next two weeks and it's all outdoor activities.  She's going to need lots of good healthy food to keep her going.

So in a year not much has changed except that I am much more self aware and exercising way more than I used to.  I feel good and look forward to what the next year will bring.  I hope you enjoy the journey with me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment