Tuesday 8 November 2011

Tag You're It!!

This morning I started my day by reading a couple of blogs that I read every morning and got a bit of a surprise.  Celine from Running on Carbs tagged me as a Versatile Blogger and now I have a job to do.  There are three parts to this game.  One is to thank the person who tagged you, the second is to tell 7 random facts about me and the third is to tag someone else.

So, Thank You Celine!!!  I enjoy these games and appreciate you sending people over to my blog!!!

Random Facts:

1. I was an army brat (sort of).  I spent most of the first 5 years of my life living on or near an army base.  My dad was in the Army and serving as a Military Police.  I don't remember a lot about that time but I remember being able to play outside and wander without worry.

2. I have often thought about becoming a vegetarian or even vegan but don't know where to start and don't know if I could totally give up meat!

3.  My husband was my first ever real boyfriend.  We met when I was 23 and started dating right away.  We've spent pretty much everyday together since.  We met at a halloween party at a little hole in the wall bar.  He was dressed as a cow with a sign that said "Piss me off, I dare you" (it was during the whole mad cow disease scare)  and I was dressed as a Queen.

4.  Running is the first form of exercise that I have kept up with for more than a couple of months.  I'm not a terribly confident person and running makes me feel good.  It's like my own little therapy sessions.  I get to spend the time I'm running all alone in my head thinking about things and figuring things out.

5.  After my parents separated I only saw my father a handful of times.  I held a lot of anger and resentment in for many years and a year ago he passed away.  I got to see him one last time on his birthday about 2 months before he died and it is a day that I will forever be thankful for.  I was able to get some closure on things and move on.

6.  I have a horribly competitive nature.  Maybe that's part of what I like about running.  I hate to fail and running is something that you can't really fail at.  I can only get better.

7.  Three years ago I broke the fifth metatarsal in my left foot (the bone going up from your baby toe).   I was being silly running out of the bathroom because Adrian was on his way in and got my big toe stuck in the strap of my capri pants.  They were the kind that can be capris or long pants, the ones that you roll up and button to hold them up.  I tripped into the hallway, hit the ground and heard a snap.  I knew instantly that it was broken :(  Four weeks in a cast with a two year old sucked!

So now you know seven random facts about me and it's time for me to tag someone:
Michelle from MyGreenKoolaid, You are it!!!!

Just a little extra is this weeks weigh in.  I almost forgot to post the picture this week.  Not a huge drop but a drop all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment