Saturday 26 November 2011

Mock 5k

Today was the Runners' Edge Mock 5K race.  It marks the end of the spring and fall clinics and is open to everyone who is part of the Runners' Edge family, whether you are a runner, family member or friend.  I ran my Mock 5 last year at this time, Adrian ran his at the end of the spring clinic and Meag ran hers today!!  I had a lot of emotions going into this morning.  I am so proud of Meag for this accomplishment and so happy that she has joined the wonderful world of running.  It also made me think back to when I was getting ready to run mine last year.  I was so nervous and just didn't know if I could do it.  Looking back at it I have certainly come a long way!  I finished mine in 48:13 and think that if I were to have run today I would certainly have smoked that time.  I think next weekend I might run the route on my own and time it to see what I really can do.  It's amazing what just one year can bring.  I have run several 5k's and a 10k race, I regularly run 6k and soon will be running 10+ on a regular basis.  I plan to run 10 miles in the spring.  I can't wait!!!

Here I am one year ago finishing my first 5k


Meag did amazing this morning too!!  She finished in a time of 35:24:)  I'm so proud of her!!!

Here Meag is today!!

1 comment: