Saturday 12 November 2011

Feeling Good!

This morning I ran about 6k and it was a hard one!  I think my legs were still feeling the effects of Thursday's hill workout and were just weak and tired.  The rest of me felt good though.  The last kilometre was into the wind and with my jacket undone it was like a parachute pulling me back.  I made it almost back to the store when I finally had to stop.  My legs just couldn't do the uphill (yes small but still up) against the wind at the end.  I should note that this is the longest I have run since I did the 10k at the end of August.

On a sadder note my dreams of running the Around the Bay relay have been dashed for the time being.  When I went to register it was sold out.  I know I should have signed up sooner and so many people told me to but I was hesitant and that has cost me the spot.  On the brighter side though I will be running the 10mile Chocolate Race on April 29th.  Registration opens on January 1st and I will be online first thing in the morning to sign up. 

I have been eating better the past couple days too and feel better for it.  The weekends are always the worst though.  I've made it through the day today without snacking and have a small snack planned for this evening.  Drew and Ashlee are here for the weekend so we usually have some snacks and play the Wii in the evening.  They go home tomorrow and Meag comes home.  She's only been gone a week but it's been strange here without her.  Tomorrow is going to be a quiet day so hopefully I can get out for a walk and enjoy some fresh air! 

No comments:

Post a Comment