Thursday 3 November 2011

Super Fast!!!

YAY for speed training!!!  I attended one speed training session back in April but was with a huge group of people doing it and didn't get any individual instruction, then soccer started and I didn't make it to another session until tonight.  This one was the first one for our group and many people hadn't done it before so it was the basics.  It was also a very small group, probably only about 10 people.  I'm still working on recovering from my cold so I didn't want to push too hard but I didn't want to look wimpy either.  I actually spend most of the afternoon debating the sanity of going.  I finally decided to go and am so glad I did.  I was able to get some more individual instruction and pushed harder than I have before.  I did six 200m sprints and wasn't a whole lot slower than everyone else.  For me though I was super fast!!!  The important thing I learned is to not go all out on the first interval.  We were told that before hand but Benny also said that he knew we would go all out and that was ok.  So of course I got to the end of the first 200m and thought I would die.  By the end of the second it was better and by the end of the sixth I felt like maybe I could have done more.  There was no time though because I had been taking longer breaks in between.  Benny recommended I take longer breaks because of my cold and the difficulty I was having breathing.  I feel great now though and look forward to 300m intervals in two weeks!!!

OH!!! I almost forgot!  I think I've found a partner for the Around the Bay Relay!!!  Now I just need to find out if there are still spots available and get registered!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! I am so envious of you being able to do this!!! I wish I could have stuck with it but ya know....my wacky knees and feet won't co-operate!!! lol!!!

    ReplyDelete