Wednesday 16 November 2011

It's the little things!

Yesterday I didn't know if I was going to make it to running because I had a dentist appointment right after work but I made it!  I also had a phone message that the clothes I had ordered came it so that was extra motivation to get to Runners' Edge.  Last year I could not find running clothes that fit me anywhere!!  No one had plus sized work out clothes that weren't cotton.  I could have gotten mens shirts but pants were just impossible to find.  I ended up wearing horrible clothes all winter and wore the same shirt and a jacket that Adrian won at a golf tourny.  It did the trick but it was mens and all black.  So this year I am so happy to say that Runners' Edge is the only store in the city and I believe the region carrying plus sized running gear.  I got a wonderful comfy pair of pants and an nice womens jacket in lovely maroon colour.  I'm so happy to have these and actually wore the coat to work today.  I would have worn the pants but didn't think that would go over very well.  It seems that they stuff came in just in time too.  It's supposed to be very cold tomorrow and we're doing interval training.  I'm looking forward to running in my new gear!!!

On a not so great note little Adryanna has been swiping stuff from school.  Just silly things like a couple of marbles and this pipe thing that she was calling a microphone.  She kept saying the teacher or the daycare lady gave them to her.  Tomorrow is parent/teacher interviews and I said to her that I was going to ask about it because frankly I didn't believe her.  I know how she gets when she really likes something.  She obsesses over it until she has it.  So now we will be going to buy marbles and she will be bringing them back to the school.  Of course she lost the ones she swiped so we can't take those back.  Luckily the dollarstore sells them.  She will apologize and knows that what she did is wrong.  I'll check her pockets at the door for a couple of weeks and life will go on.  I'm not surprised this happened, I know that lots of kids do it and can accept that it happened.  I feel bad because she was so upset when we talked about it but she got over it pretty quick.  Hopefully we have all learned a little something from this and can move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment