Sunday 4 September 2011

Christina Kimberly Boulianne 09/01/09

So it's been a crazy week and I totally wanted to post this on Thursday but it never happened.  We've been very busy getting ready for a very special day!!  I didn't get any actual runs in although I did run around a lot.  It was also the last week of summer vacation for Anna and we needed to get her stuff together.  Add to all of that the fact that it was our 7th wedding anniversary last weekend which we didn't celebrate until Friday night and you don't get much time for blogging.  Here's the post I planned to write on Thursday though:

On Tuesday September 1, 2009 I became a Mommy of two!!  It had been a long and very uncomfortable pregnancy.  I had a separated pelvis for the last couple of months.  It was very painful.  My due date was actually August 22nd but Christina really wanted to be a September baby.  I was induced in the morning of September 1st and despite all of the warnings that inductions can take way longer and that they often end in c-sections she came roaring into the world at 1:57pm.  The nurse had checked me shortly before and felt I had lots of time left but in the end she was wrong and the doctor didn't make it in time.  I was so happy to have my baby girl here!!

Christina on Day 1 in the world!
Over the past two years I have gotten to watch her grow and change.  She started out as a very calm, happy baby.  She didn't cry as much as I expected and everything went quite smoothly.  She was a good sleeper and while she got up once or twice a night to eat she was good at eating then going right back to sleep.  We had our challenges of course.  She had reflux and spit up alot!!  So much so that she ended up on medication to settle things down.  Just a couple of days on this though and she was back to what you would expect from a baby.  When she was just about 5 months she was sitting unassisted and by 11 months she was walking.  She never really crawled normally.  She did more of an army crawl than anything.  She always had such a great personality.  She was smily and happy except when she was hungry. 

I had to go back to work when she was only 10 months old because I decided to go off early instead of dealing with all the discomfort of getting in and out of the van all day.  I was sad when I went back but I knew that the daycare she was going to was good and that she would be well taken care of.

Before I knew it we were celebrating her first birthday!!  It was such a fun day.  I always said I wouldn't have her party on Labour Day Weekend (broke that rule this year though).  We had it the weekend before her birthday last year.  It was a given that our baby group friends would come and we also invited all of our closest friends and family.  It was a beautiful day and everyone enjoyed themselves.

Cake face at her 1st Birthday Party

The past year has been amazing.  I've watched her go from a one year old baby to a two year old little girl.  She is strong willed, as full of energy as I expected and such a happy little girl.  She's definitely a very bright spot in my days.  I look forward to seeing her when I get up and look forward to the end of long days at work knowing that when I get to daycare she'll yell and run over to me.

The morning of her 2nd Birthday feeding her new baby!
Christina really  has been a major factor in my decision to get healtier.  I want to be around for years to come so that I can watch both of my little girls grow into the wonderful young ladies that I know they will become. 

The four toddlers at the end of Christina's Party!  What a cute group of kids :)


No comments:

Post a Comment