Tuesday 20 September 2011

A little rut?

So now that I am back out with the group I am finding it harder to run.  I'm not sure if it's a mental thing or a physical thing but I am finding the runs harder than they were.  I only ran about 4k tonight but by the end I felt like I did at the end of my 10k.  I've been having pain in my left leg, sort of the hip area, which I have had before and had fixed by our excellent Chiropractor.  I stopped going and maybe it's time to book another appointment.  I know that I haven't been drinking enough water either which never helps.  Maybe the almost two weeks I took off were more detrimental than I thought.  Whatever it is I don't like it.  I keep hoping that I will have an easier run next time.  I will get out there again on Thursday night and if it's not better I'll book that appointment with Geoff and see if that makes a difference.  I also know that I haven't been eating really well so I will try to eat better tomorrow and Thursday. 

We leave for Florida in two weeks.  My plan for the time we are there is to get out and run twice.  We are driving down so I'm going to need to do something to make up for the 40+ hours of sitting we will do between the drive there and the drive home!  We'll go to the beach and to Universal Studios while we are there so that will give some activity and if I can get some good runs in while I am there I will be one happy runner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment