Tuesday 6 September 2011

Back to School!

It's the first day of school!!  Of course Adryanna only goes for an hour today but it still counts!  She has had mixed feelings this year.  She loves school and is excited about going back and getting to do "ticket work", that's where they have to complete certain tasks to get different coloured tickets and only the senior kindergarten kids get to do this, she is excited to see her friends, she's excited to play and to have lunch in her class because she's all day this year.  She's worried though and has said she doesn't want to go a few times.  After much prodding I found out that there was a kid in the afternoon class last year that picked on her on the couple of trips they went on together.  Silly things like telling her she couldn't have treats in her lunch.  What bothers me about this is that she's only in kindergarten and has already encountered too much bullying.  We've talked alot about what bullying is and what to do if it happens.  I hope she'll understand and speak up if this happens again but what I really hope is that it doesn't.  She loves to learn and loves to be with the other kids and I would hate for one or two kids to ruin that for her, especially at such a young age.  She's always been so eager to learn and do new things.  I am forever amazed at how much she learned last year and how everyday she seemed to know something new.

Ready to head out to Senior Kindergarten!!

Christina is going to be lost without her big sister though!!  Just over the past few days she's been following her around and always wants to be where she is.  I'm going to try to take her with me to drop Adryanna off today but it's been rainy off and on this morning so we'll see what it's like when we have to leave in a little bit.

It's also the start of the new running clinics today at Runners' Edge!!  I love the first night and watching all of the new runners coming in and I love watching them go from being new runners to being just runners.  I remember that time fondly.  It's been one year since I was one of those runners.  A year ago I walked through the door wondering what the heck I was getting into.  I couldn't run one minute that first night.  It was just too hard.  I felt like crying.  I stuck with it though and now a year later I can run 10k or 1h 39mins!!!  WOW!!  What a difference!  I'm so proud of everything I have accomplished over the last year and can't wait to see what the next year brings.  I don't get to be there tonight to see the new runners on their first night but I will be thinking of them at 6:45pm tonight when they are heading out for that first 10 minute run and cheering them on from here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment