Monday 12 September 2011

Pleasant Surprises!

Well I got out there Saturday morning and it felt great.  I was nervous heading out because I hadn't run in almost two weeks and I knew I wasn't hydrated enough.  I was back to making excuses not to go when I checked my email and saw the comment on my post from Friday night.  I took that as my kick out the door and headed out.  I was heading up the canal path and feeling a bit sad that I hadn't gone to join the group when I heard someone say hello.  I turned around to see five lovely ladies coming up behind me.  They were from Runners' Edge!!  It was just what I needed at that moment.  I had been thinking about turning around early and heading home but I decided to continue on to the spot where I had planned on turning around.  I hit my turn around point and when I turned around there were two more lovely runners behind me.  It almost felt like I was with the group. 

Today I went back to work after a wonderful week off.  It was a quiet day at work but tomorrow won't be so quiet.  I have meetings right from 8am to 5pm.  I was planning to get back to running with the group tomorrow night but it's Adrian's only evening off this week so I will find time to run on my own tomorrow then on Thursday Meag is signing up for the Learn to Run Clinic and I will get out with the rest of the group.  It will be nice to get back into the swing of things.  We're heading to Florida in a few weeks and I will be sitting in a car for 20+ hours twice in the span of a week.  I need to get moving now to prepare for that!

1 comment:

  1. You're going to be running down the street in Florida, see another runner and feel like they are your friend. Runners are the best, most supportive, inspiring group out there and you're part of it now. They inspire you and, in turn, you inspire others.

    Pretty good deal eh?

    ReplyDelete