Friday 9 September 2011

Lazy Pants!

So I have a confession...I haven't run in almost two weeks:(  I have a million excuses but we all know that the real reason is that I just lost my motivation.  I had all the best intentions but always found a reason not to get out.  Last week I was genuinely busy planning and preparing for Christina's party.  This week I was just plain lazy.  It was a busy week again between Anna starting school, Meag is officially moved in and we have been doing stuff to get her settled and Christina finally got her cast off.  We had lots of appointments and lots of running around but again those are all excuses.  If I really wanted to run I would have made time.  I didn't drink enough water which I also turned into an excuse.  I know if I don't drink enough I don't run well.  I get muscle cramps and just don't have the stamina.  What's the real problem though??  I'm just being a lazy pants!!!  In my defense though I have walked everyday this week.  Not far or long, just to and from the school twice a day.  It's just under a kilometre each way so I guess that's around 3.5k total each day but really not enough. 

Today was a fairly productive day though.  We did a big grocery shopping this morning and this afternoon made a big batch of  veggie loaded chili and beef barley soup.  The lazy pants started to come off today and will be gone tomorrow.  I will get up and run in the morning.  Probably a much shorter run than usual but a run.  I would love to get out and run with the group but Adrian needs to leave for work early and Christina is being very difficult since getting her cast off.  She's refusing to walk.  It wouldn't be that big a deal except my mom can't lift her so someone who can lift her needs to be around.  Meag will be here but I don't want to make her get up just for me to run with the group.  So I will head out the door at 8am and run in the neighbourhood.  I will push myself a bit further than I might want to get but I need to get back into this.  I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks either.  I don't anticipate a loss but hope to at least stay the same.

I have been on vacation this week and go back to work on Monday re-energized.  I am making a promise to myself to get my shit together and get back into this routine.  It's been a year since I started this journey and I refuse to let all that hard work go down the drain.  It's September and the start of my favorite season.  Why not enjoy it by doing something I love??  Tomorrow I run alone but Tuesday I get my but back out with the group!

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, the post-race lazy butt syndrome. It happens to all of us. Best thing is to sign up for another race or have someone kick your ass out the door.

    ReplyDelete