Wednesday 28 September 2011

One Week!!!!

One week from today we leave for Florida.  This will be the longest trip I have taken in a car since I was a very little girl.  Well maybe ever.  We used to live in a place called Souix Lookout when I was small and I believe it was something like 16 hours of driving to get here, we came every summer to visit my grandparents.  I also don't think we always drove all the way without stopping.  Next week we plan to leave here on Wednesday at dinner time and drive straight to Riverview Florida with as few stops as possible.  Obviously we'll have to stop for gas and bathroom breaks but we should be able to make it all the way there early Thursday evening. I'm quite anxious about the drive more because I am worried that the little girls won't handle it as well.  We went on a 10hr trip when Christina was just a couple months old and Anna was just 3 and it went surprisingly well.  We left early in the morning and drove all day.  This time we will do a large chunk of our drive overnight so they should sleep maybe half the way.  Perhaps even more!!

I am looking forward to our time in Florida though.  We are going to visit my older brother, Laurence, his girlfriend, Emily and her son, Logan.  Logan is exactly one year older than Anna.  They both share a birthday on October 21st.  We may have to have a little celebration while we are there.  We have a few plans for while we are down there.  The first being a trip to Universal Studios.  I am very excited about this one.  We went there about 4 years ago when Anna was just 8 months old and she loved it then.  They have Seussland there and she loves Dr. Seuss.  We are also excited to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter while we are at Universal.  We love Harry Potter and have been looking forward to this since we heard they were building it. 
Meag is coming with us and she's looking forward to going to the beach while we're there.  She's never been to the ocean before.  I love going to the beach so I'll be happy too!  Other than Universal and the beach we don't really have any other plans.  I'm just looking forward to a few days away from reality.  I'm also hoping to get a couple of runs in while we are there.  I like going for a run in a place that I don't really know.  It makes the distance go by quicker when I don't know any landmarks!

Any suggestions for things to keep the kiddies happy on the drives???

No comments:

Post a Comment