Wednesday 14 September 2011

Who am I??


Today at work I had to go down to our main office to pick something up and when I go down there I often pop in to visit Celine and get my running chat in.  She's the only other person who will really listen to me ramble on about running.  It was an interesting trip down there.  Our Executive Director came along while I was getting stuff from our mailboxes and asked about my running which has never happened before.  I've never kept it a secret that I started running a year ago but it's never been anything that random people talk to me about.  Then when I was chatting with Celine another co-worker came along.  We talked about an incident that happened yesterday then she mentioned my running and commented that I look good.  As I've said before when I started this journey last year I didn't believe that I would ever get past the beginner group and I would never even consider a half marathon.  Now I am planning to run a half sometime next year.  She was saying how she could never do it and I found myself telling her that yes she could.  I saw myself a year ago in her and really believed that if I could do it so could she.  It was strange being on the other side of that conversation.  I felt both encouraging and a bit like a hypocrite.  I say that because I was telling her that she could do stuff that a year ago I didn't believe I could do.  Now I know anything is possible.  It's an amazing and encouraging feeling being on the other side of that conversation and I look forward to being there again soon!

This was me early last fall

This is me now!!!


One of the other things that happened today that was funny was that someone also asked me if I'm going to have another baby.  She was assuming I was pregnant.  This isn't the first time this has happened and I am sure it won't be the last but it came just a few minutes before I was told I looked great so I found it funny how people have such different perspectives.  When I told a co-worker about this she laughed and agreed that while I may not have lost a lot of pounds I have lost inches.  That got me thinking and those two pictures really show me that I have accomplished a lot.  I will take this new found knowledge and go forward.  Next fall I will compare these pictures to a new one and hope to see another big change!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment