Thursday 1 December 2011

Anxious!!

Today one of my very good friends went into the hospital to have her third baby!!!  I'm so excited for her and can't wait to meet her new little girl.  Every time the phone rings or my cell goes off I jump to check it to see if it's from her! 

It's interesting how things in life work out.  When I met her about 12 years ago we became instant friends.  We met at work.  She was a summer student and I hadn't been there very long so it worked out perfectly.  She was the only other person my age with similar interests so it was just natural that we would start hanging out.  We spent a lot of time together and she was the person I went on my first every trip out of Canada with.  We went to Mexico and it was sooo much fun. 

We kind of drifted apart when we started having kids but never lost touch completely and still see each other several times a year.  Our kids are close in age so they play together which gives us time to chat.  We used to go for coffee all the time and recently went out without the kids!!!!  It was a nice break and I think we will start getting back into that routine.

So here I sit waiting anxiously for the big news.  I have to live vicariously through my friends now since I will not be having any more babies of my own!  That's a bittersweet thing I guess.  I definitely know I don't want anymore babies but at the same time there are days where I think about the snuggles and watching them grow and get sad.  Those are the times that I watch my two big, crazy, monsters and remember why we made it so that there won't be more:)


No comments:

Post a Comment