Tuesday 13 December 2011

Conflicted

Wow what a busy couple of days!!  We have been training for a new computer program at work. The training itself was great and we had a wonderful trainer;) It's the change that is the hard part. The idea behind it is to make our jobs so much easier but I think we have some way to go before we get there.  It's a good program and will get easier once we get used to it.  I'm excited to get started using it but nervous at the same time.  Our team doesn't handle changes really well and we've been through about a million in the last while.  Some good, some bad and some just labour intensive.  I'm ok with change when it has a purpose but have a hard time when the people around me get stressed by it.  I definitely feel their frustration and understand where it is coming from.  This new program is certainly the biggest, most challenging change so far but hopefully we will get all of the wrinkles ironed out quickly and be able to start using it productively.  Until then I'll play around with it and get acquainted with the way it works.  If it ends up being half as cool as I think it will I'll be a happy girl.

Unfortunately the day left me feeling totally drained and I chose to put on my comfy clothes and hang out at home tonight instead of running.  I know running would have had the same effect on my mood and might even have been a good place to let off some of the frustration but I just couldn't do it.  Christina was being a tyrant when we got home and made a huge mess.  I just didn't feel like rushing around to get ready.  I will probably try to get out right after work tomorrow since Thursday night is our Christmas Party and I am working late to support some of our clients.  I am looking forward to getting out Saturday morning too.  We have two parties on Saturday afternoon and evening so starting my day with a nice long run will be just what I need.  I'm going to take the running easy for the next couple of weeks but come January I have to start training for the 16k that I am going to run at the end of April!

Now what I'm sure you're really waiting for.  The scale was much nicer to me this week and I am quite happy with the results.  I was careful not to just eat for the sake of eating last week and I kept busier so that I wouldn't be thinking about food constantly and the results showed! 

Clearly I need to clean up the floor before I take these pictures:)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you - on the weight loss, on the ability to see the positives of change and on having the right attitude when faced with challenges and frustrations.

    ReplyDelete