Monday 3 September 2012

Slacker

I realized this morning that I haven't blogged in a bit.  It's been a busy week and a bit in our house with summer wrapping up.  This  past week I chose to do fun stuff with the kids after work instead of exercise.  We had lots of fun and enjoyed the cooler evening temps.  We went to the carousel with friends, played outside and just enjoyed being together.  We finished up back to school shopping and prepared for Anna to return to school.  Grade One's going to be a big change for her but I think it will be great. Then the end of the week arrived and it was time for a special birthday!  Christina turned three on Saturday and we had a great day with a wonderful party.  Her group of friends that we have been playing with since she was 2 months old came and some of our close friends and family.  It was a wonderful day that I think everyone enjoyed.  She got spoiled rotten and crashed hard when it was bedtime.

Today we're heading out to one last pool party of the season then it's home to get ready for school tomorrow.  Not only is Anna starting Grade One but Meag is starting college!!!  I'm so excited for her even though she's not.  I think she's just nervous about the unknown.  I remember college well and she's going to the same school I did.  She's going to have a great time.

I always feel like September is a time for new beginnings and I'm looking forward to being rejuvenated.  I've been working with Geoff to fix my bursitis problem in my right leg and it seems to be helping a lot.  Tomorrow is the start of the new clinics at Runners' Edge and I'm looking at it as a new start to my running.  It's no secret that I majorly slacked off this summer but I really feel like getting back into the school routine and getting back to basics will make a big difference.  The evenings have been cooler and with Fall around the corner I'm looking forward to being out there watching the season change.  Fall is by far my favorite season so I'm going to use that to motivate me.

Good Luck to everyone who is returning to school or teaching tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment