Tuesday 25 September 2012

Doing well:)

I keep recommitting to this health journey and then falling off the wagon.  I decided a few weeks ago that this would be the last time I do this and that it would be for good.  It was a good start and it has only gotten better.  I've been working on my knee issue and have figured out the things I need to do between chiropractor visits to keep things moving in the right direction.  I've been eating well and the more I eat healthy the better I feel.  I know it's not rocket science but sometimes I just need that little reminder.  

Last week I attended a nutrition seminar called "5 Steps to Optimal Health".  It was very informative and really made me think about what I eat.  I have been struggling with stomach issues for a very long time.  The people running the seminar talked a lot about digestion and why people in general have so many digestive issues.  The one thing that really stood out for me was the list of symptoms they showed us for gluten intolerance.  They explained that many people can be sensitive without being intolerant and that many people do not even test positive with the simple blood test that they do.  My doctor has always been difficult and this is an area that he is stubborn in.  I have been to him several times and he has sent me for many tests but never the Celiac test.  So I decided that I would take a leap and go gluten free for 3 weeks.  At the end I will have something with gluten and see what happens.  I started working on this on Friday and already my stomach feels so much better.  I am not as bloated and am not having the incredible pain that I often just accepted as normal.  This could be totally psychological, it could be just that I'm more conscious of what I am eating and therefore eating healthier or it could be that gluten has been the problem all along.  Only time will tell but for now I'll take whatever is happening and be happy.  

I've also been very good about exercising.  I have made it for most of my workouts and tonight's run was fantastic.  I really feel like I'm back on track!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment