Tuesday 18 September 2012

Two Freaking Years Baby!!!

I guess I realized this a few days ago but tonight was the first time I said it out loud which made it feel real.  I have been a runner for two freaking years:)  It's hard for me to wrap my head around that right now.  I remember my beginner clinic like it was yesterday.  I am a very visual person and have an amazing (annoyingly amazing sometimes) memory.  When I think about those first runs I can picture the routes, smell the smells and hear the sounds.  They are some of my fondest memories.  They are life changing memories really.  When I walked through the door that first night I would never have imagined I would be where I am today.  I couldn't have even began to think that I would have run a half marathon or that I would be considering doing another.  This is the first time in my life that I have stuck with any exercise routine.  I will never be able to say exactly what has happened this time but whatever it is I'm so thankful that it's happened.  I have never felt this good about myself.  I've gained so much confidence over the past two years.  I feel like I have a whole new outlook on life.  I'm just so damned happy that I made that first step through the door.


1 comment: