Thursday 18 September 2014

Twenty Pound Challenge!

I like to have specific goals but have found I need to put them out there and generally do better if it's a short goal.  Yesterday I was driving back to the office and thinking about what I want to work towards in the journey.  I figured out how many weeks to Christmas and decided that the goal will be to get to (or under) 200lbs.  That is about 20lbs (depending on the day it is a couple lbs more).  I haven't been gaining but I haven't lost in a few weeks either.  January is when I go for my physical every year and I would love to show that I have worked over the year.  So all those things helped make the decision that 20lbs would be the goal.  

Last night I opened my Facebook page to find out that someone in a group I am part of has created a 20lb weightloss challenge.  The time frame?  Between now and January 1st:). I immediately joined the challenge and have created my game plan.  With the support of that group and knowing there will be weekly checkin days will help so much.

Today has been a good day.  I ate fairly well and ran so I'm happy with my start. This weekend I plan to run 10k and we have told the girls we will go hiking.  I'm excited that they want to do these things.  We also have to teach Christina to ride her bike with out training wheels. It's going to be a good weekend!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment