Sunday 28 September 2014

Fall Fun!

Fall is my absolute favourite season!  The colours, the smells, the crisp autum air!!  I love everything about it.  

Fall is also filled with fun family activities.  There is the Niagara Wine Festival, Thanksgiving and the Balls Falls Craft Show, Halloween and so much to explore.  It's also Apple season.  Apples are my favourite fruit.  I've been told the story multiple times of how apple was my first word as I would follow my grandpa around saying it over and over until he gave me some of his.  He used to eat an apple every night after dinner.  

This weekend was the Wine Festival.  When I was a kid it was called the Grape and Wine Festival.  It changed a few years ago.  I remember as a kid watching the parade. I also remember that before the parade hundreds of runners would go by.  The race is called The Run For the Grapes. I have always wanted to run it and once I became a runner I thought of it pretty quickly.  There is a 5k and a Half.  I want to run the half but I cannot make it in under the time limit.  This next 12 months I am going to work hard to get faster and hope that I can, just maybe, make it.  I have lots of time and with the proper dedication I think I can do it.  

For now I leave you with a picture of the girls enjoying sno-cones at the park after the parade:)





No comments:

Post a Comment