Sunday 6 January 2013

Life As A Girl

Sometimes being a girl really sucks! Take today for instance. I have been doing so well this week and decided to hold of this weeks long run for today instead of the usual Saturday run because it was supposed to warm up and I figured that would mean the terrible ice on the side roads would be mostly gone. That part of the plan worked out well for me so of course I had to wake up to my period this morning. Now the thing to know is that the first day (sometimes two days) of my period can be hell! Having polycystic ovarian syndrome brings a lot of symptoms but the worst is the terrible heavy and often unpredictable periods. Despite that I decided to get up and run anyway. I knew my legs often get very sore and tired very quickly and that my calves often cramp more but I wanted to keep up the momentum so I got up and went. Just a few minutes in I knew it was not going to be a long run and that was okay. I decided that it doesn't matter the distance as long as I get out on those days that I don't feel like going. If I go anyway I will keep the momentum and before I know it I'll be back to my old distances.

Monday a new class starts at the gym and I am really excited! It's called Gravity and looks hard and fun! I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for getting out there when it was the last thing you wanted! You did it!

    ReplyDelete