Tuesday 8 January 2013

Gravity

Last night was the first Gravity class at the gym. I found out about it because I was looking for the kids program schedules and there was a little bit about it. What surprised me at that moment and still does now is that right away I had to try it. I knew I had to try it on the first day so that everyone else would be on the same level as me. I have never jumped to try a new exercise before especially one that I have never heard of before. It was great though! Despite the fact that I was on a downward spiral into the stomach flu I had a good workout and feel it today. I should note that I didn't realize I was getting sick until after the class. See I started the day fasting for bloodwork then didn't get to eat right away. I was tired and feeling sluggish all day but was expecting the workout to help with that. Unfortunately I was wrong.

So what is Gravity??? It's a strength training class that also throws in a bit of cardio. The machine you use looks a bit like a weight bench but it's on an incline and adjustable. You hold onto two handles that are attached to a cable. Then you do a series if exercises using your natural resistance and weight. I loved it and am pretty sad that I may not be able to go tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment