Monday 14 January 2013

Happy Birthday to Me:)

Every year the agency I work for gives us our birthday off.  In social services there isn't a lot of funding for extras so a few years ago they decided this was an easy and inexpensive perk.  Today was my birthday and because it landed on a Monday it gave me a nice long weekend.  I spent the day with Christina and just did little things.  We went to the Y this morning and she went to a new program which she loved.  I went up to the track and ran a bit to warm up then did the Gravity class followed by a bit more running.  We then did some errands and went out for lunch.  At the end of the afternoon I had a doctors appointment to get some blood work results.  I always have fun with this part.  People often assume that overweight means you are in terrible shape.  Doctors are no different and it bugs me.   Let me back up a bit, when we went for our initial appointments with this new doctor he gave me a full sheet of blood work including and ECG, he gave Meag nothing.  His reason for her getting nothing was that she is young with no symptoms of anything.  So today my blood work was back and it was time for the results.  I went in, he pulled them up, looked them over and said everything was perfect.  There were absolutely no concerns.  My glucose was fine, cholesterol wonderful and everything else functioning just fine!  I have never had any issues when I've had blood work done but it is always nice to hear that things are good.

I feel like this year I had a great theme of health going on for my birthday between going to the gym, a nice healthy lunch and a clean bill of health from the doctor.  If this is any indication of the year I am going to have it's going to be a wonderful one!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment