Thursday 27 October 2011

That's going to hurt in the morning!

Tonight I did my first every hill training!!!  I was not really sure if I should or not with the cold but since I was super busy at work today I didn't get to consult my go to person and when I did finally have a second to send a message it was to whine that I was going to have to pull out the long pants.  I decided I would give it a try and if I was feeling too run down I would head back to the store knowing that I tried my hardest.

The run to the hill was a bit tough and by the time I got there I was a bit more winded than I would like to be.  I pushed a bit harder on the way though because I hate getting there half way through the stretches or worse half way through the instructions.  So we got to the bottom of Sawmill Hill and stretched then began our instruction.  Since it was the first hill training for many of us we did some other things first so that we could learn the proper arm and leg movement.  We then started to run 100m trips up the hill and for the first few we walked down.  Then Benny taught us the proper way to run down a hill so that we wouldn't hurt our quads and from there it was up and down over and over.  All together we did 10 repeats of up and down which works out to 2k of hill running and 1k of hills to get back to the store, plus the 1k it took to get to the hill that's 4k tonight.  Pretty good for someone on only day 4 of a cold.

Something I have found since I started running is that colds seem to last much less time and are much less serious than they used to be.  Just another perk to getting healthy I guess!!!

My legs are still shaking and I can already tell they will be nice and sore in the morning but it's a good sore and that's what matters most!

2 comments:

  1. I wish the 2009 Selena could have gone ahead in time to read the 2011 Selena's blog entries. It would have completely freaked her out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she would have laughed and said there was no way this would be happening. I'm so glad it is though!!!

    ReplyDelete