Friday 14 October 2011

Home Sweet Home

Well we made it home from Florida safe and sound!!  It was a long drive and one I'm not eager to do again soon.  It actually went by quickly but I spent all day Wednesday in a fog.  I drove about 14hrs of the return trip and slept maybe 5hrs in between.  It's hard to sleep in a moving vehicle especially when you have an almost 5 year old asking if you're asleep yet everytime you are almost asleep.  Oh well we're home and everyone is happy.

It rained for the two days after we went to Universal Studios but Monday we woke up to beautiful sunshine!!  It was gorgeous!  We packed everyone up and headed out to Clearwater Beach.  Wonderful white sand and salt water!  I loved it.  The kids loved it too! 
Christina at Clearwater Beach

Anna and Logan at Universal Studios

Now we're working on getting back into routine at home.  I am super tired right now and trying to find all my motivation to head out with the group in the morning for a run.  There is a wind warning for tomorrow which will make it all the more difficult but I know I need to get my butt back out there.  The weather is soon going to turn cold and if I am not in the routine of getting out there I know that the winter will not be pretty.  Last year I made it through a very cold winter and found comfort in my runs and really felt like they helped me get through that long winter.  I'm hoping running will get me through this winter too! 

Backing up a bit though!  One thing that has me excited for running right now it the chance to get out there and see the beautiful colours our area is full of right now.  The leaves are rapidly changing colour and everything is just so pretty!  Hopefully now that we are done with our vacations I'll be able to get back at it regularly and will get to really enjoy the Fall scents and sights!!

No comments:

Post a Comment