Wednesday 26 October 2011

I HATE BEING SICK!

So it started Sunday and I was in denial, Monday was a bit worse and I started to accept it and by yesterday I had to accept that I have a cold.  It didn't seem too bad until last night.  I had been really looking forward to my run but on the way home the rain started and I knew that to run in the rain with a cold would just make me miserable so I left my shoes where they were and spend the evening on the couch.  I sent the hubby for some vicks vaporub and made a tea.  I figured if I relaxed for the evening I would be better off today.  Then I tried to go to bed.  I spend a lot of the night awake trying to breath and to get my nose to clear out just a bit so I could get comfortable and get some sleep.  This morning I woke up and thought that if I had a nice hot shower I would feel better.  By the time I was done, I was done!  It was evident that I wasn't going to make it through a day at work and that it wasn't fair to the people around me.  I was supposed to go to a networking event this morning and the thought of meeting people, shaking hands and having to be social just didn't work for me.  First I didn't think it was fair to the other people to spread my germs around and second because I just didn't think I had the stamina to be friendly for several hours.  So I called in sick and spent the day on the couch.  I feel better tonight than I did this morning and am hoping that tomorrow I will be feeling even better!!!  I really want to run tomorrow night and am going to follow the neck rule.  So far it's above the neck for the most part so I should be ok to run.  I have asthma though so in the blink of an eye a cold can move below the neck and that would kill my plan for tomorrow.  Keep your fingers crossed folks!!!  I want to get out there even if it is rainy!!  I actually really liked running in the rain the few times I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment