Saturday 16 July 2011

Welcome to My Journey!

Hello Everyone!!!

I am starting this blog to create a record of my journey to health and so that maybe a few years down the road my daughters will be able to look back and see how far Mommy has come.  I hope it can inspire others to start their own journey as well!

I'll start with a bit of background.  I decided to get healthy about a year ago when my youngest daughter, Christina aka Beena, was about to turn one and had started running (she skipped the walking part).  I had been having a hard time keeping up with our older daughter, Adryanna, but was finding it extra hard to keep up with two and knew that something had to change.  One of the ladies at work was a runner and loved it.  I had been walking all summer and while that was helping I knew it wasn't going to be enough.  So off went the email asking about the running club.  I was excited and terrified.  I didn't know if I could do it and was actually fairly sure I might die during the first run but I was going to try.   So September 7, 2010 I put on my running shoes and off I went.  I quickly learned that I loved running and didn't die!!!  I finished that beginner clinic and ran a mock 5k race at then end.  What an amazing experience that was!!  I couldn't have done it without the amazing support I recieved from the running coaches, group members, my family and Celine (she started the addiction and is now my go to girl when I have new questions).

I have since run 3 more 5k races and am preparing to run my first 10k in August.  It's going to be a tough race but it will be worth it in  the end! 

Part of my plan for this blog is to share something that I never, ever share with anyone and keep a record of weight loss.  Of course before I started writing this I didn't weigh myself so I'll include that in the next post. 

I love finding new and exciting recipes to help me on my way so if you have any suggestions for blogs to look at please share!! 


Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment