Tuesday 19 July 2011

Mornings

I used to hate them!!  I was absolutely the teenager who slept until noon every chance I got.  Even if I couldn't sleep I still enjoyed spending half the day in bed reading a good book or just dozing in and out.  Then I had kids.  I often say I would give anything to have one day where I could stay in bed until noon.  I don't really think I could do it, especially if I could hear my family having fun.  Last summer I got up every morning at 6am to go for a walk before the world woke up.  There were always some people out trying to get their exercise in before the heat hit but it was so peaceful.  When I started to run in the fall those morning walks became few and far between and by winter I was much happier to stay in my warm bed. 

This morning I woke up at 5:45am and laced up my shoes for an early morning run.  As I said yesterday Meaghan was supposed to join me but I guess she was too comfy and didn't make it.  I headed out the door at 6:00am and quickly remembered why I enjoyed this time so much last year.  I enjoy spending the time thinking and planning my day.  I come home refreshed (mentally at least) and ready to start my day.  Today I was greated by two happy little girls as I came through the door.  That's one of the best things in the world!  The other thing I really like about getting my run done in the morning is that I get to go home from work and spend all evening with my family. We can enjoy a nice dinner together then play in the pool and yard until bedtime. I love our routine and look forward to it all day at work. 

Given the insane heat we are supposed to have for the next week or so I will continue to run in the early hours or the morning.  If Meag wants to get up and come she's more than welcome but I suspect she will wait for the times I decide to run after everyone else is in bed. 

I'm going to add some challenges to my days and will share those here too!  Today's challenge was to eat nothing besides what I brought with me because I knew popcorn was on the agenda for the end of the day.  I almost made it but someone brought ice cream sandwiches in and I couldn't resist!  At least it was the small kind that don't pack to much bad stuff. 
Tomorrow: find time to at least get a walk in!  I have to be at work extra early so it will likely not be until after the rest of the world is in bed.

Tonight is Harry Potter night!!!  I have been looking forward to seeing this movie for months and am so excited to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment