Wednesday 20 July 2011

Crazy Heat

Right now we're in the middle of an insane heat wave.  This morning I started work at 7:45am by teaching a young lady how to take the bus to a class she is taking.  The walk from her house to the bus stop is less than half a kilometer and took us about 5 minutes walking very slowly but by the time we got to the bus stop I was sure I was melting.  I had set up a meeting with another person that would take place around the corner from her class so that I could walk there while I waited for her to finish.  I was horrified to find out that the location for my second meeting was closed.  We decided to move the meeting to the cute little coffee shop in the same plaza.  We walked in and both thought the same thing "NO AIR CONDITIONING"  by the time I left that meeting I was dripping sweat from my hair and all I had done was sit.  Luckily there is a pharmacy in the plaza where I stopped for something to freshen up.  By the time I got back to the class and on the bus I was so hot I couldn't even think straight.  It was only 10am!!!

Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter!!!  Thursday is a running day :)   I am still planning to do a shorter than usual run in the early, early morning hours.  I have to be ready for the 10k at the end of August and I know that this could be the weather we have at the end of August so I can't let the heat stop me.  I will drink lots of water tonight and have some eload before I go to bed.  I will fill my water bottles tonight and make sure everything is laid out.  When the alarm goes off in the morning I should be able to get up and be out the door within a few minutes.  Here's hoping 5:45am is still cool enough to survive.  I will then head off to work for the day and try not to fall asleep at my desk, do some grocery shopping on the way home and take Meaghan out for a driving lesson.  My reward at the end of it all will be a lovely swim with my awesome family.  I think I'll sleep well tomorrow night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment