Friday 22 July 2011

Ahh....

The weekend is just a couple of hours away!!  I love weekends.  I get to spend two whole days with my family and friends.  This weekend we have a bbq and a birthday party. 
The bbq is with two ladies that I have been friends with since we were teens and their families.  We always have a great time when we get together. 

The birthday party is the first stop on the birthday train!  When I was pregnant with Christina I joined an online baby group where everyone was due in August 2009.  Throughout the time we were pregnant we chatted about everything from heartburn to the crazy things that can happen during labour.  After the babies were born we had realized that there were a few of us in the Niagara area and decided it was time to put faces with screen names.  Two years later I can't imagine my life without these ladies.  They are sounding boards when something comes up with the kiddies that we don't know how to handle and they are just great friends.  We sometimes go out with all the kids and sometimes just the Mommy's get a night out.  Either way we always have fun.  Oh and as it turned out we were all due in August but only one of the four babies in our group was born in August :)  This weekend Chloe is the first to turn 2!!  I get a bit teary thinking of that but then I think of how exciting things are watching them grow up into little people and I can't wait for the next new thing.  I also can't wait to take our Mommy and Babies picture to see the transformation of the last year!  Here's last years picture!  It was taken by Celine Parent at Christina's birthday party.




Before all of that happens though I must get through my 8k run in the morning.  The heatwave still rages on and it's going to be a challenging run.  I think with the guidance of my "running mentor" I am ready to face anything.  I have my electrolyte drink going, I have already drank more water then I think I would have drank in a week a year ago and I have lots of healthy food to get me through my day.  I'm really excited for tomorrows run too!  I have only run 8k once before.  My hope is to get up to 9k next week and 10k the week after.  I'm told there is a sign at the 10k turn around point that people run up to and high five it the first time they get there, a right of passage. 

So this weekend being full of gatherings I need to really watch what I am eating.  I will be bringing some of my favorite salads to the parties and will make sure to load my plate with them before getting any of the other stuff.  This should help keep things in check.  I will also be bringing my own big water bottles so I can make sure I get enough water to flush the inevitable sodium intake.  These steps should keep things in check!  I'll update how it goes on Sunday along with this weeks weigh in!!

Try to stay cool out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment