Wednesday 8 August 2012

Another week off:)

The big kids came back on Sunday so I've taken this week off.  We're not doing anything special but it's always nice to just hang out.  We've been watching the Olympics and I'm so excited to watch the Men's Marathon on Sunday.  I've watched a lot of the running events and they are so inspiring.  It amazes me that some of these runners can run in 10 seconds what it takes me close to 1 minute to complete.  I have no delusions that I will ever be able to run that fast but I sure will try to run harder.  This week has been a bit tricky as far as workouts go.  With the big kids here and Adrian working I feel like I should be here.  I'm sure I'll figure out a time though.  Next week I'll be up with the sun to make sure I can get things in.  That way I can come straight home from work and spend the evenings with the kiddies.

It's also almost Christina's birthday!!  It's so hard to believe that she is going to be 3:)  I'm so excited for her party this year.  She is so aware of what is going on around her and by the time we get to hers we will have been to three of her friends parties.  She knows exactly what is coming and talks about it everyday.

This week was not a successful weightloss week but it hasn't been horrible.  I'm at the same weight as last week which makes me pretty happy considering I went to ribfest twice and have been snacking a bit more than usual.  The good thing happening right now is that Ashlee has decided to give being vegetarian a try.  There are about a million vegetarian dishes that I have either tried or wanted to try and now I have the perfect excuse to make them.  I have been trying to find a way to cut down on the meat our family eats and to increase the vegetables.  This is the perfect opportunity to work on that.  I said a week or so ago to my mom that we were going to start having two meatless meals a week.  I have some very picky kids that will turn their noses up at anything that looks different.  I will find a way to make get them on board with this change.  The fun part is that Anna actually likes things that no one thinks kids should like.  She also freaks out if there is something she doesn't like on her plate.  We're working on the rule that you have to try everything at least once.

I'm hoping this change will renewed drive and will help all of us feel better for the long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment