Sunday 16 August 2015

Keeping Things Interesting

I've had a great week!!  I kept things in order and got lots of workouts in.  Looking at my week in a Monday to Sunday way I got 4 intentional workouts in plus soccer coaching for a 5th.  I don't see the coaching as a workout exactly because it is start and stop stuff but I do average 2k of movement up and down the field with the kids.  Soccer is almost done but half training is starting up.

Today I did my first longer run since my half.  I was aiming for anywhere from 10-12k.  I ended up doing a tough 9.5k.  The heat was insane and the humidity, according to my weather app, was at 97% when I left.  It was brutal and by 9k I was running out of water so decided to take the shorter route and head home.  Next week I'll increase by a fair amount and try for 14k.  Hopefully it will be less humid at least.

As for food this week I decided to get creative.  My salads were quite tasty and my dinners were good. I had a scramble a couple days.  Loads of veggies and a couple eggs mixed in.  Very yummy.  Today's lunch was by far the tastiest meal of my week.  My mother in law was coming for lunch so we bbq'd burgers.  I topped mine with blue cheese, cooked onions and mushrooms, hot sauce and avocado. I had a burger like that in a restaurant recently but it didn't have the onions and mushrooms.  They added just the right touch.  It was awesome.

This coming week I'm aiming for some more creative meals.  I have stolen some ideas from a friend and will have some variety rather than eating the same meals for breakfast and lunch every day.  Dinner is always fun because some days it's all of us together and some it's the kids eating early and me eating after the Y.   For exercise I plan to do pretty well the same as this week except next weekend is a longer run and two soccer games.  

I'm playing with a few things this week as far as calories and tracking go.  I'll talk more about that another day though.  For now it's time to relax a little:)

1 comment:

  1. In my opinion the most important thing is that you get a satisfaction from what you do! It is highly important that you like the way your salads taste and running under burning sun and it means that you will have a result rally soon!

    ReplyDelete