Tuesday 11 August 2015

Return to Routine!

Last week I was on vacation while my brother and his family were here visiting.  It was a great week but because we were on the go a lot there was a lot of eating out and while I made some good choices I also made some not so healthy choices.  By then end of the week I was ready to get back to my routine.  So that's what I'm doing this week.  

One of the things I have looked at over the years and tried once or twice is mason jar salads.  They are all over the internet on Instagram and Pinterest.  I decided a few weeks ago that I would pick up a few jars and give them a shot.  The idea is that you can layer all the ingredients in the jar with dressing on the bottom and lettuce on the top.  They will last several days in the fridge that way.  So Sunday night I lined up my jars and pulled out the salad ingredients.  Some jars have chickpeas on the the bottom, some have tuna and most have veggies straight from our garden or local farms:)  I made four of them and two have been eaten at this point.  They keep really well.  I'm looking forward to having them for a couple of days.  One thing all the posts about them fail to mention though is that you really need to have a plate or bowl to dump them into.  I tried to eat one out of the jar and it was not easy.

I have also gotten up both mornings this week to workout.  Monday I decided to get up and ride my bike to the gym.  I found it took me about 15 minutes each way and my weight routine took just over half an hour.  So an hour workout and I was home by 6:30am.  Today was a run morning so up I got and headed to the canal path for a good old 6k run.  It felt great to be out with the world waking up. What made me terribly sad though was how dark it still was both mornings.  A few weeks ago it almost full light at 5:30am when I walked out the door.  Two weeks ago it was barely light at 5:30am when I went out and today it was just getting there when I got back home at 6:30am.  The worst part is that once it is too dark in the mornings I have to change my run route.  The canal path is just too dark and creepy to be running in the wee hours of the morning once the sun starts sleeping a little later.  I said today that I want to plan out a nicer route than I was using last year.  It was a good enough route but took me past some of the less desirable streets of our city.  None of them are terrible but they also aren't the best.  I can find a better route.

Adryanna's soccer practices are over which means we can get back to the gym on Wednesday nights.  I really like my class that night so that's what we'll be doing.  The girls can go to their programs and play with friends while I workout.  I like those times because they have fun while I do,   Then the rest of the week will be the same as the beginning just backwards:)  Sunday will be rest day and I am already thinking of fun things to do with the kids to stay active.  



No comments:

Post a Comment