Tuesday 4 August 2015

Jolly July!

July came and went in a flash.  We camped twice, spent a lot of time with friends and just had a good month.  I vowed to get back on track and I did, exercise wise anyway.  Eating was up and down but overall pretty good.  I joined a food tracking challenge to help get back on track with recording everything that I ate.  I'm happy to say that while some days were ugly, everything got tracked.

I ran much more than I did in June.  I decided not to total my mileage for the month because I just wanted to run without worrying about how far or long I went.

I cycled a lot more too.  I got out a couple of mornings a week for a 17.5 route that I found.  It's a nice straight route along the canal which makes for a wonderful sunrise ride.

I also made it to the gym a couple of days.  That one is harder because mornings I like to do outside stuff while it's not too hot and while it is very peaceful.

August has started out pretty good.  It's only a couple days in and while I haven't done any intentional workouts I've moved more than I have sat.  We have family here for this week so we are doing a lot of different things.  This month is the start of fall half marathon training.  I'm aiming for a race that is on October 25th so my running distance needs to start increasing this week.  I should be running 12k this weekend.  Our company is leaving early Saturday morning and we are going to spend Friday walking around a Scottish Festival so I suspect my run will happen Sunday and be somewhat dependent on how my legs feel but I'll get it done one way or another.   I'm definitely looking forward to the cooler temperatures of Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment