Tuesday 28 April 2015

Did it!

Saturday morning I was up and out the door early for my 20k training run.  It is one of the bigger mental hurdles involved in this training plan.  I did it last year and remember it feeling like forever.  This time happily it went really well and I felt pretty strong all the way through.  Nothing hurt too much and I wasn't too tired at the end.  I was definitely running out of gas but I made it.

This week is rest week and I'm planning to love every minute of it.  I'm running a couple short runs and 10k on the weekend. 

Next week will be my absolute longest run ever.  22k!!  It's longer than the race which I think will remind me that I can do this race.  If I can run further than the distance I can certainly run the actual distance.  I'm strangely looking forward to the 22k.  I haven't run a new distance in a long time so it's exciting.  

I'm officially signed up for the race, it's happening whether I'm ready or not, so I guess I better be ready!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment