Tuesday 14 April 2015

Spring has Sprung!

The weather is finally warming up!!  This Sunday was gorgeous.  I started it off with my 16k run, then did some grocery shopping and finally read a book in the backyard.  It was wonderful.

The run was okay.  It was tough.  Probably due in part to the fact that I had a glass of wine (or 3) the night before.  We had company for dinner and while it was super fun and delicious I learned that I can't do that the night before a long run. The other issue might have been that the temperature jumped by 10 degrees while I was out there.  I was completely over dressed and hot!!   This weekend's long run is 18k.  I'll be much more prepared.

Monday's have been gym days for a while now.  CycleFit is going very well and in a few weeks when the girls start soccer I'll switch the the 5:30am class.  It's a full hour long.  Group Power is my other class and it is still my favourite.  It is hard and I work hard.  I feel great after.  


This morning I was up before the sun for my short run.  It was probably my best run this year.  I felt strong and happy the whole time.  I remember why I like these early days.  

Tonight since I was already done my run we took the girls for a walk to the park, played there for a bit then walked up to get a coffee(tea for me) and treat for the girls.  It was wonderful.  

Spring has certainly arrived and with is always comes more movement!!  I say bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment