Saturday 4 April 2015

A couple years and a big change!

In 2012 I ran my first half marathon.  Right now I'm training for my 3rd.  I was looking back at posts I wrote during the first training and my training log.  

One of the fun things is I ran the same distance today as I ran on this weekend the first time.  

The difference this time is amazing.  Most of it is pretty subtle but my weight is the most drastic.  I am 20lbs lighter this time around.  

The first time all my runs over 10k were firsts.  I had never run farther than that and didn't have a clue what to expect.  This time I know and it's no less scary each week.  

This time I'm running on my own while the first time I was with a group.  I know someone else training for the same race so we can talk about things and compare plans but when I'm out there it's just me and the road.

The biggest difference this time is the fact that I know what's coming next and how it has gone the last couple times.  I have run all the distances multiple times and know that I can do them.  That helps a lot!!

My times are pretty much the same.  I'm slightly faster but not enough to make a difference when it comes to race day. I'm okay with that.  Sure I would love to be faster but right now I'm focusing on finishing and finishing strong.  

We'll see in two months how this training works out.  This will be the third time I run this race.  The first was kind of cool and started out rainy.  Last year all the training was cool and race day was hot, hot, hot! Hopefully this year will be more like the first year!  I much prefer cool weather for running!  

Three years can make a lot of difference! Let's see how this all turns out!

1 comment: