Tuesday 31 March 2015

March Madness

Well this month went well for the most part.  I didn't eat as well as I should and came out the same weight as the beginning of the month.  The positive?  At least it wasn't higher:). 

Running is going well.  I have started ramping up my distance and feel great so far.  I got new pants.  Tights for the first time.  I can't believe I ever ran in big baggy pants!  The next month will be my biggest mileage of training then May will taper back a bit.  Tonight I had my first outside run of the year where I didn't need a toque, gloves and an extra top layer.  It was glorious. 

My goal for March was to not snack in the evenings.  It didn't go so well.  I started out strong but the mindless eating is terrible.  So April's goal goes a lot like March but not quite as strict.  I will aim to stay within my calorie goal for the day.  I will eat half of what My Fitness Pal gives me for extra calories.  On long run days I will make sure to have lots and lots of veggies available.  Evening eating will be limited to staying within my calories and only fruit or veggies, maybe yogurt.  

April will also mark the return of morning runs.  I was doing some when I was still on the treadmill but once the outside running started I didn't like the idea of being out, alone, in the early morning darkness. Now that it's a bit warmer and getting light a tad earlier I'll get back to it.  That will free evenings up for playing outside with the kids.  I'm even considering a bike this year!

It's hard to believe this year is already a quarter done!  Time needs to slow down don't ya think??

No comments:

Post a Comment