Thursday 20 November 2014

Reverse Resolution

A few weeks ago I joined a group on Facebook.  The goal?? Lose 20lbs before the New Year.  It was a sort of way to keep on track over the holidays and to have a support group to go to when things get tough.  The first few weeks have sucked for me.  I am moving more than I was but my eating is off the hook bad.  I am so aware of this but honestly just haven't cared.  Today I decided to start caring again.  I am absolutely addicted to junk food.  There isn't much I won't eat and I can be very impulsive about it.  Today I have decided to get myself back in control of that.  The next few weeks will be riddled with food, get togethers and drinks.  I will make the best possible choices.  In January I always go for my yearly physical and I want to see continued downward results in the numbers.  I want to see and feel the results.  

Last week I went to gravity class again for the first time in ages.  I went a lot when the class first started then the timing was off but now there is a class right after the girls swim.  Last week I hurt for days after that class.  I had to skip a run because just walking hurt too much.  I walked the same length I would have run but there was no way a run was happening.  Yesterday I did the class again.  The moves were similar but not quite the same.  Every move was done on both sides, then one side and the other.  She called it a unilateral workout.  I expected immense pain this morning.  I had a very slight ache!!  Nothing really hurt.  I was disappointed!!!  So tonight I pulled out a ladder workout I had been given.  I should have run but by the time we got home time was limited so this was more bang for my buck so to speak.  I am hoping I can manage a run after work tomorrow but if I don't Satuday it will be!!!  

On the weekend I am going to be super brave and take real before pictures.  Although they aren't true before since I have already lost about 40lbs over the last 4 years. They will be what I judge all my results in though.  If I'm really brave I may post those so that I have a real out there before!  I will update my pictures every 12 weeks.  It's on now!!!

2 comments:

  1. We all struggle and I've been struggling with junk food as of late, too. I know you'll get this train back on track Selena! I have faith!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! You too will get back on track!! Junk food is evil:(

      Delete