Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year!

Another year has come and gone!!  What a year it was.  Although it didn't end as well as we would have liked it was mostly a great year.  I'm looking forward to this year and the great things that are going to happen.

I like to look at January 1st as a new and fresh start.  Everyday is a new day but given the fact that today starts a new year it's a great time for reflection.  I'm happy with where my journey is right now.  I'm back to running regularly, continue to eat healthy and am happy with most things in my life.  I have a few goals for this year that are not that different than last year.

I would like to continue to work on my running.  This year I am going to actively track my mileage though.  I have never actually kept track of my total kilometers for the year so this year my goal will be to reach 400k.  That might seem like a lofty goal but really it isn't.  In the last 4 months I have run just around 120k so to reach 400k won't be too big of a stretch.  Given the fact that I will be training for a half marathon over the first half of the year I should be able to reach that goal without much work.

I would like to maintain my healthy eating.  I have let things slide over the last couple of months and haven't been making my lunch as often as I should. This often results in unhealthy choices and money spent that doesn't need to be spent.  My job makes it hard for me to eat the things I would like to for lunch at times.  This time of year I would love to be able to have a hot lunch everyday but I am out of the office and don't have the ability to heat things up.  I need to take things that I can eat in the car and perhaps even eat while I drive.  This often means sandwiches which I do not love.  I will take cut up veggies and fruit or cheese and crackers.  That gets boring though.  I could buy a good thermos to take soup in but I like my soup really hot and after it sits in the car all morning it isn't very hot anymore.  Clearly what I really need to do is plan better and find things that are portable and yummy.

My other goal is to save up enough money to go on a mini vacation for our 10th anniversary this year.  If I can work things out right we will leave the girls with friends for a weekend and go away, just the two of us.  We have never done that before!!  Simply by not buying my lunch so often I should be able to save enough in time for a nice weekend away.

Stay tuned for some updates as the year goes on!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Selena, I've basically given up on having an enjoyable work lunch. First of all, it's not an enjoyable setting no matter what I bring. I just bring a couple of apples and save my calories for when I get home and can eat without distractions and annoyances. Calories should be savored, not chugged down. I hope you find a lunch plan that works better for you. Happy new year to you! :D

    ReplyDelete