Tuesday 7 January 2014

By George I Think She's Got It!!!!

So who came out of the holidays weighing less than they went in?  This girl did that's who!!!  

The holidays are a season (or few weeks) where so many people think they are supposed to gain weight. "It's no problem I'll just work really hard in January and it will be gone."  We have all heard it.  All the socializing with family and friends.  Lots of food to eat and so busy that it's hard to get workouts in.  It's like we have been conditioned since childhood.  We are inundated by the media with the advertising for weight loss resolutions and the discounts at gyms for January, the kick start your year messages.  I am certainly guilty of this thought process over the years.  However this year I made a very conscious decision that I would not gain a bunch of weight.  I wasn't concerned about losing and I definitely had some treats.  The interesting part is that I made a very big effort to enjoy the treats without over indulging.  Not once through the holidays did I sit down at the end of the day feeling sick from too much junk, too much candy, too much food.  I often left meals feeling pleasantly full but never sick full.  I also worked out fairly regularly.  I was signed up for the Resolution Run and needed to be able to run that 5k on New Years Eve so I had to keep moving before then.  Boxing Day I went out and ran, a couple days later I went to the gym and then I ran the race plus two more runs.  Sunday I even ran 6.32k!!  I had set out to run just 5k but it was so nice out and I just felt great so I kept going.  It was awesome!  

One of my goals for this year was to keep closer track of my running and keep a closer eye on my weight.  I started with a weighin on January 1st and was pleasently surprised to find that I was actually one pound less than I was before Christmas!!!  Then I got on the scale today for my regular weigh in day and found that I am down another pound!!!  This year is certainly starting out on a good note:)  Today the scale said 227 which is the lowest I have seen in a long time!

I think I have finally got this lifestyle figured out!!  Will I never eat junk again?  Of course I will!!  Will I overindulge at times?  Probably!  Can I make it through a special event or holiday season without gaining weight?  Sure can!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Selena, Congrats on your holiday eating! So great! :D

    ReplyDelete