Tuesday 14 January 2014

Happy Birthday to...ME!

Today was my 36th birthday and what a great day it was.  I started it out with a strong 5k bringing my total so far this year to 31k!!  I'm very proud of this and am also very happy to have run on my birthday!  It's the first birthday that I have actually run on and I'm considering making it a tradition. 

I returned home, got ready and headed out for the day.  I am very fortunate to work for a company that decided several years ago to make out birthday an extra holiday.  Adrian didn't work until 5:30pm so we had the whole day together.  We ran a couple of errands, went out for lunch and coffee then got the girls from school.  Christina had to go for a follow up from when she broke her leg so I took her for that while he made me a delicious dinner.  I've spent the evening hanging out with the kids, Meag came over and brought me a bottle of wine which is yummy!!

All in all it has been a great day!  I'm looking forward to a great year of fun, family and fitness!!!  Thirty-six will be my year!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I can't believe you've run 31K already. You're inspiring!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete